Meridian Advanced Psychiatry can use Ketamine as part of a depression treatment program. Ketamine was once used as an anesthetic but is now a medication that is proving to be promising for treatment-resistant depression. Unlike traditional antidepressant medications, Ketamine can rapidly reduce suicidality including life-threatening thoughts or acts. It can be used to help very serious cases of depression that haven’t been improved by more traditional methods.
Did You Know?
- Depression is the leading cause of disability in the U.S.
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) affects more than 16.1 million American adults every year
- The rate of depression is on the rise, but most people don’t seek treatment for it
- About 1/3 of people with depression don’t respond to traditional antidepressants
- Seeking earlier treatment can prevent years of experiencing untreated depression!
We’re Here For You
Finding an effective solution for depression shouldn’t feel like an impossible task. In cases of treatment-resistant depression where traditional antidepressant medications haven’t been fully effective, or in cases of suicidality, Ketamine can be an effective solution that brings rapid relief from depression. Our mental health experts at Meridian Advanced Psychiatry can help determine if Ketamine is the right solution for you! Send us a message or call (208) 515-CARE to learn more or book an appointment.